View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Panoramic Wallpaper utility -- I'm up for the challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Well, to address you first point... the user wouldn't need to do anything to the wide image, the idea is for the APP to do all the heavy lifting, cropping, converting, copying, etc.

But you're right, I think that figuring out how to get the PPC to do it would be too much (and ChainFire agrees). Also, I didn't realize there was such a render time. ANd it's a shame, too, because all of this is because the images are compressed into an AMD format intended to optimize graphics intensive applications... not three 512x512 images that sit there as wallpaper.
If you were an expert at C-sharp, C++, and/or Visual Studio 2008. Then you might be able to create an app like this...if you're not, then yeah it's way too much work. If you do find somebody who's an expert at ripping apart apps....the HTC camera application has a built in panorama feature so you can compile one big picture from 3 different ones. Give HTC a call and see if they'll send you that source code so you can do some surgery on it (joke).