View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
zulu
PPCGeeks Regular

zulu is keeping up the good workzulu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching from a Berry....

....but not completely new to the PPC. I had one of the MDAs on TMobile years ago.

That said, I've been on the berrys since the 7510 (nextel, now Sprint) and would like your help replacing the apps I've come to rely on on my 'berry with similar apps, if they exist, for the TP2 that will be arriving tomorrow.

I'll give you the app name a brief description of what it does and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

BB: Poynt - does multiple things, but the feature I use most frequently is MOVIE lookup by GPS. This gives me the option to look up movies in my area by title or by theater using GPS for the location. It also has a "yellowpages" feature and I can search for businesses by name using GPS to determine the one closest to me (ie, searching for a particular restaurant)

BB: Ubertwitter - twitter app which allows me to post photos, multiple account access, GPS tagging to tweets, retweet, see my DMs and Replies (color coded in the timeline or filtered).

BB: Need a good IM application. Preferrably one which will allows me to add several IM logins (ie, one client to do AIM, GTalk and Yahoo IM from) from one place. Kind of like LOTR....three protocols and one client to rule them all! Lol.

Blackberry Internet Service: Now that I know I'm not going to have it, I'm realizing how much I've come to rely on PUSH email. I've been looking up the various exchange options with mail2web looking like it might be the winner. How many POP or IMAP email addresses can I have with this? Can I send from the email account I received email on and have it look like it came from that account...down to the signature being identical to when I send from my desktop (Outlook). Not looking for calendar or task sync by exchange at the moment, just my email from six accounts I use.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Last edited by zulu; 09-27-2009 at 03:48 PM.