View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
quick99si
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you guys getting these crashes in the phone app [EVERY ROM/Radio!!] *SOLVED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_xBLADEx_xX View Post
I get the same problem maybe once or twice a week where the phone seems to slow down/get sluggish, and then its almost like it freezes over, and I get the same Icon mentioned above. and it only happenes when dialing and messing with contacts. I wait for the phone to work out all the kinks most of the time, but there have been a few times I had to soft reset. I'll look into my contacts since i use PIMbackup to backup and restore my txts emails, and contacts. quick99si what do you mean by fields. My contacts just have there basic number, cell or home for some contacts or both along with other information. I like to format the number as such (555) 555-5555 under all my contacts. I've seen people just do 555 555-5555, or 5555555555 or not even the area code either. Could this be a reason for the freezes.
I use the same number format as you, though I do have a couple of numbers in my contacts which are obviously fake (eg +00000000000000) for caller id matching purposes.

By additional fields, I was referring to the extra number storage fields supported by Outlook but not by WM. If you try to save a contact on your phone, you might only see 8-10 different places to put it (mobile, home, fax, etc..) - but if you open that same contact in Outlook, you will see about 4-5 more where you can effectively "stuff" additional numbers to save on the total number of individual contacts. WM will use and recognize these numbers like normal.

That wasn't the problem after all, it all boiled down to the dialer. For me, the phone never got sluggish, it just worked one second and then closed itself the next. It happened MAINLY when I ended the call too quickly (95% chance of crash) OR try to save a new contact from the call history (25% chance of crash). Neither of these is acceptable to me so now I'm back on the WM6 stock dialer.