View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 10:11 PM
orlandojumpoff
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bluetooth not reading texts anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Neither. The regedit posted above is for enabling VC to read the caller ID (phone number or name) of an incoming caller. Not text messages? (at least I've never seen it mentioned in this capacity, only for caller ID). There is a setting for "urgent messages only", be sure that is unchecked to hear all messages. Also be sure that your volume control (system volume, not ring) is set above zero or VC won't announce anything. I don't recall if I had any problems during the short time I had the Voyager Pro, though I don't typically use the headset to announce messages because it's distracting (to me).
thanks for the reply. yeah im trying to figure it out... my texts get read fine when i pick over device speakers in VC settings, but if i switch it to one of the bluetooth choices it won't read them. The only thing i can think of is that the car deck is diffferent from using a headset...

anyone else have anyhting to add?