View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 PM
mazimi777
Lurker

mazimi777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FUBARed my diamond trying to free memory PLEASE HELP??

Okay this whole problem started when I could not figure out why my device memory kept becoming less and less even though I kept removing programs or moving them to internal storage on my CDMA sprint HTC diamond.
Well memory got so low that I could no longer add my favorite theme the Onyx mad scientist. The progresss bar would almost fill up when I was trying to load it and then it would start going backwards and say that it could not be installed.
So I figured I had to free up memory. I did some research and realized that Memaid is a good tool to help free up memory. So I got a little hear and there by clearing Opera cache and cookies but that only took me from 99 to 93. So I clicked on advanced clean. I saw all the boxes where it could clean, bad registry items, compact, RAM, windows temp files, acantgo cache files, bad install files, dead registry, dead shortcuts, netfront cache, and many more. Even though all these boxes were not initally checked I figured I could use all the memory I could get so I checked them all and did a scan and then a clean.
I was a little worried at first but nothing happened. Or so I thought. Hours later I tried to sync my phone to PC so I could reload the Onyx theme only to find I kept getting a connection error. Everytime I tried to sync.
Furthermore when I went to my setting page and clicked on remove programs I saw there were no programs to be removed. Yet my theme and all apps were still working find. Lastly the kicker is I noticed that all the Cab files that I had stored in my internal storage (so I could reload an app should I ever want it again) all of these cab files could not be installed. Everytime I try to install a cab file it immediately says that installation was unsuccessful. I am afraid to hard reset because I cant even get activesync to work. Please help???