View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Upgrading from a Mogul to a TP and have ?'s about some of my programs

I have had my trusty mogul for just over a year and I really like it but I have an opportunity to get a Touch Pro. Two programs that I use quite a bit on my Mogul are SPB Mobile Shell and Iconsoft's PhonEX 1.4.
I like the feature of both programs a lot because they let me do more with my fingers and less with my stylus, particularly so in PhonEX.
What I like most about PhonEX is the haptic feedback when I use the dialer - I can feel the quick vibrations when I press the softkeys.

I've done lots of reading and I know that Touchflo will do a lot of what Mobile Shell does but would like to know if anyone has feelings about which would be better. Should I keep MS or go with the touchflo (I know I can switch it off and try MS, I'm just looking for past experience and opinions).
As far as PhonEX goes, from the TP manual I downloaded, the dialer and phone software looks somewhat similar to PhonEX but not the same. Is there a haptic feedback on the TP? Has anyone tried PhonEX on the TP and like it? Again, I have the software and can try it but the new 2.0 just came out last week and I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading to. Theres also a free trial of 2.0 but I'm looking for usage experiences that I can read about before my TP gets here.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-25-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar