View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: THREEFACES' Killer Walk-Through: Installing/Customizing the latest NRG ROM

FINAL WORDS OF CAUTION

If there is a step in the Guide that you do not understand fully, take some time and do some research on the subject - Google Search or search PPCGEEKS. Chances are, if you're performing a task or running into issues performing a task, someone else has already been down that road. Being prepared for anything that could go wrong, to me, is an important step to take BEFORE performing some action I'm not entirely familiar with. For example, updating your PRI or PRL. You could potentially knock out your data by doing this wrong, forcing you to do a whole dance to restore it. You should really take a minute and do some research into the process before installng whatever cabs you come across. ...especially if you don't know what they do.

I don't necessarily have the time to trouble shoot issues that individual users experience when installing custom ROMs and/or customizing the device to their needs. ...the majority of the time, the issues come down to the user NOT doing any research into their issue, leaving me to Google search the answers for them. Just a heads up, I am least likely to help those who have taken no interest in helping themselves. That sounds so lame, but I get a lot of email like this.

EVERYTHING I POST HERE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY...THESE ARE NOT INSTRUCTIONS AND I CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR JACKING UP YOUR DEVICE. THE INFORMATION POSTED ARE THINGS THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET WORKING ON MY DEVICE. YOU MUST LEARN TO SEARCH GOOGLE AND PPCGEEKS! THE INFORMATION IS MOST LIKELY OUT THERE.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-09-2009 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.