View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: THREEFACES' Killer Walk-Through: Installing/Customizing the latest NRG ROM

CUSTOMIZING THE LOOK OF TOUCHFLO – SOFT KEY ASSIGNMENTS, WALLPAPERS, ACTION SCREENS and DISPLAYED TABS

• REASSIGNING THE SOFT KEYS in TouchFlo - Touch Pro Tweek is cooked into this ROM. You can find it in START- TOOLS-TWEEKS-Touch Pro Tweek. I’ve used this application to successfully reassign the right soft key to Camera, but you can choose from a variety of programs and actions. [soft reset to apply changes]
    1. I have not had luck using Advanced Configuration to perform the key reassignment. Also, the SoftKey Manager program [START-TOOLS-Softkey Manager] will only reassign the soft keys in Titanium, not TouchFlo.
  • WHICH TABS ARE DISPLAYED IN TF3D – Slide over to the Settings Tab in TouchFlo to customize which tabs are displayed in your slider [I remove the stocks, music, and photos tabs – TouchFlo, not the device, will automatically restart itself after applying changes]
  • WALLPAPER - You can set your own custom wallpaper [for TouchFlo ONLY] here in the Settings Tab. Make sure your wallpaper is the correct resolution - 640x640 – to avoid lag issues when flipping between portrait and landscape.
  • WALLPAPER ON ALL PAGES - If you’re looking for background/wallpaper on all pages, we have two new options. NOTE: the old cabs that functioned on 2.0 will not work.
    1. Background for All Pages – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551614
    2. Panoramic Wallpaper - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=547941
      1. BUG FIX: There is a fix for Pano Wallpaper related specifically to NRG ROM. If you notice your panoramic image shifts when you slide across the tabs, install this cab, Gen Y pano-slide move down fix2b.
      2. BUG FIX 2: If you notice the default NRG wallpaper is still intact on the homescreen, go to the Settings Tab, click on Wallpaper, and select “yes” when prompted to use the default wallpaper.
  • START MENU WALLPAPER - Go to START-SETTINGS-Today. On the “Appearance” Tab you can change your Today picture to a custom one by clicking “Use this picture as the background” and browsing to a custom image on your device. This will NOT change your wallpaper in TouchFlo, but WILL change the wallpaper of your “Start Menu”…which is pretty cool. It will also be the default wallpaper if you disable TouchFlo.
    1. In the same area [START-SETTINGS-Today], click on the “Items” tab and uncheck Today timeout. This should address a few known bugs…that I cannot for the life of me recall. Just do it.

• ENERGY THEMED WALLPAPERS – Looking for some ENERGY Themed Wallpapers [standard and panoramic sizes]? Check out my post HERE – three panoramic wallpapers and five standard size versions.
  • CUSTOM ACTION SCREEN – I really like the new ENERGY THEMED Action Screen that’s included in this build of the ROM. If you’re looking for more, here are some great action screens to check out: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58625 . NOTE: you will need to stop the Action Screen process from running or you may encounter an error when trying to install a new one. Got o START-TOOLS –TASK MANAGER…find the Action Screen process, and stop it.

SOME THEME CHANGES – TURNING UP THE AWESOME TO 11
The new 2.1 Manila brings with it some new issues. While most graphical changes should work, many mods from 2.0 will not. If something doesn’t work, it’s likely not compatible with 2.1.

• Disable Manila/TouchFlo – START-SETTINGS-TODAY, scroll to the Items Tab and deselect TouchFLO 3D. Whenever you install any cab to make any change to TouchFlo it should be disabled.

• [OPTIONAL] THEME - I install Psyki’sGlassManillaTheme.cab [requires soft reset]. This gives me all of the cool customizations I want to the theme without changing my clock. I’m a big fan of Psyki’s visual customizations…gorgeous ROMs as well. [I don’t have a direct link right now for this cab – Google it. If you find it and like it, please thank Psyki] for updates and to check out the developer’s other work.
  • [OPTIONAL] WHITE FLIP CLOCK – this build comes with a dark flipper clock. It’s nice, but not my style entirely. To restore the white clock, install White Clock.cab [thanks ASKWHY]. I should note that the “number flipping” animation works in 2.1.
  • [OPTIONAL] COMPACT HOMESCREEN - If you want to revert to the “stock” layout, install Psyki4 – Original Home Tab.cab.
    1. Read this thread over at XDA and install the best version of compact home screen for your tastes. If you install this mod and see a white box in the upper left hand corner of your screen, you probably need to install a version that supports background for all pages. You may notice some problems with this mod displaying properly in landscape mode. If you don’t like it, you can uninstall, then keep up on the thread until the developer fixes landscape.
    2. NOTE: home screen mods that worked in 2.0 to move the date and next alarm info above the clock, or cabs that hide call history, etc will NOT work and may mess up the function of TouchFlo. Use the cabs in the thread above.

• [OPTIONAL] CONFIGURE a 3 or 4 ROW PROGRAMS TAB – There is a new utility cooked into the ROM under START-TOOLS called Program Tab Toolbox that will let you select a 3 or 4 row programs tab as well as change the submenu to the older list style. Super awesome addition!
  • [OPTIONAL] TASKBAR ICONS - WARNING! There are not many new taskbars for 6.5.1 yet…taskbars that worked in 6.5 will NOT work in 6.5.1 and may disable access to the START menu, forcing you to hard reset to get things back to working order. Here’s one that works to get you going: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562251 or check out Tsowens’ thread at PPCGeeks for updates on his latest developments.
    1. NOTE: changing the taskbar icons set my “waiting notification” [the circle thingy] back to the four colored dots. There’s no current way to use custom taskbar icons and retain the waiting notification.

• [OPTIONAL] HIDE THE SLIDER - Hide the Slider Bar in Portrait Mode [works like it does in Landscape…super awesome]. Follow the thread HERE
    1. IMPORTANT NOTE: Save the “2a3d01cc_manila” file from your Windows directory to a safe place before installing so, if you don’t like the results, you can revert back to the original slider by copying this file back to your Windows directory.
    2. Make sure TouchFlo is disabled
    3. Install Fredz’s TF3D RMSB V0.12.cab [or latest release from xda] [requires soft reset]
    4. Enable TouchFlo to test it out.
    5. KNOWN ISSUES – check the thread for the latest bugs. Slider may not auto hide in the Weather tab – tap the slider in the Weather tab to hide it as a work around. Hidden slider will not display missed calls/sms bubbles, but you can see them if you pop the slider bar up. The developer is working on a notification bubble for the hidden slider.
    6. NOTE: – installing this will knock out the default “background on all tabs” and wallpaper in portrait mode. Uninstall will restore these.

• [OPTIONAL] HIDDEN SLIDER MOD – you can completely hide the slider button by installing this second mod – DV’s LP Slider Up.cab – this turns the little button transparent, so you need to press where the icon should be to pop the slider up. Try it and you’ll see. To get back to the original slider, uninstall these cabs. To get back to the hidden slider without the completely transparent button, install this fix by J.eremy

• [OPTIONAL] PERSONALIZER – Allows you to put a custom name in where the carrier name is usually displayed on the home screen. So you can change “Sprint” to say “All your ROM are belong to us”. Here’s the thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21538

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 11-12-2009 at 02:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.