View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
appzattak
Halfway to VIP Status

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: Remote Desktop Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
ok after i did the gateway in my web browser part it takes me to a screen it says system summary

it has ...

Gateway

Broadband Link

Home Network (and lists all devices on connected to my wifi)

and to the right it says "Firewalls" active

but i dont see anything about port forwarding or configuring ports?

EDIT:

And this is where i got lost .....i went into my firewalls and manually entered remote desktop

then i got this menu

"
Profile Name
Enter a name for the application profile that you are creating.
Application Name: Remote Desktop

Definition
Choose a protocol and enter the port(s) for this application, then click ADD DEFINITION to add the definition to the Definition List. If the application requires multiple ports or both TCP and UDP ports, you will need to add multiple definitions.
Note: In some rare instances, certain application types require specialized firewall changes in addition to simple port forwarding. If the application you are adding appears in the application type menu below, it is recommended that you select it.

Protocol: TCP (i have to pick tcp or udp) UDP Port (or Range):

Protocol Timeout (seconds):

TCP default 86400
UDP default 600 Map to Host Port:

Default = the same port as defined above. Application Type:"

i dont know what to do with this part
Ok, this is good. You're just about there. The protocol is TCP, the port is 3389, use that for start and end since it is not a range we need. and you can name it whatever you want. Just make sure anywhere it asks for a port you just put 3389. then apply/save it and test it out.