View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 AM
deadwrong03
VIP Member
Threadstarter

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Remote Desktop Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Ok, I'm assuming you want to connect to your laptop at home from your phone using RDP. If that is the case this is what you need to do. Log into your router and find where is allows for port forwarding. It may say just that or it may be under Firewall, or applications and gaming. Each router is slightly different. Once you find it you need to forward port 3389 (TCP) to the internal IP of your laptop (i.e. 192.168.1.XXX) Once you do that save it. Then on your laptop, make sure you have Remote Desktop Enabled. Once that is done, find what the outside IP of your router is (you can go here, www.ipchicken.com_ and it will tell you. the on your TP2, open up remote desktop, enter the server IP, and user name an password (your computer must have a password or it will not work) and hit connect, you should then see your desktop.

Hope this helps.
see this i what i dont know how to do....how do you log into your router? i have att and i dont know how to log into it to get to those settings, and if its under firewall i dont know how to take it off either. Where do i find the internal ip of my laptop? whats the difference between server ip, internal ip and outside ip?