View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 PM
lightninjay
Regular 'Geeker

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC TOUCH PRO: Unlocking Web (Data) & Picture Messaging

Hey bud, I know you're anxious and wanting help, but try waiting a little longer than 15 minutes for an answer. lol

To my knowledge (and somebody please feel free to correct anything that is wrong), in order to "unlock" MMS, you must "unlock" your data, and to "unlock" your data you must know the server your phone is going to contact and your phone's username and password that it uses to communicate with the servers. When you turn on data with your carrier, you will provision your phone for data by doing a *228 which in turn will put codes into your phone that will allow it to properly address the server.

Once your data is on, you can configure your MMS with the gateway it contacts, the port it uses, the server it uses, and the connection you use to dial out with.

I don't know the specifics of your carrier, but I know with Alltel it's a relatively simple process.

Try searching for a few guides by using google or the search feature on this site using terms like "activate MMS" and "activate data" along with "Touch Pro" and even try throwing your carrier name into the mix to see if someone has done it before specifically for your carrier.
This post has been thanked 1 times.