View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 09:28 AM
haramzee
PPCGeeks Regular

haramzee is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Broken AND Mymobiler NOT working

As the title states, my screen does not work, only the backlight, and Mymobiler fails to connect. No problem right, just have Sprint send a replacement, right? Not so fast though, I was on a trip in Europe and used the internal storage for some GREAT photos after running out of space on the microsd, I must save these. So, take it to a Sprint store to replace the screen? However, I have an older version of Mightyrom w/ WM 6.5 flashed onto the device. I am not sure if Sprint might somehow invalidate my warranty/insurance or charge me for the repairs due to using an unofficial ROM.
What makes things even more difficult is Voice command had problems on this ROM, so I can't turn on active sync using VC, which is why Mymobiler cannot connect. Additionally, I had the phone set to automatically run ICS upon connecting the USB.

The only feasible option I have thought of and I will try if no one has any other suggestions is to take it into a 3rd party Sprint repair center, such as a Wireless Toyz and have them swap out the screen. I believe TEP covers that and I don't think that they can put notes into my account telling Sprint of the "strange" transformation of my TP into a Zune. I don't know if they care spare parts for TPs though.

Thanks in advance.