View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:19 AM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon TP2 on AT&T - Data Configuration Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
sprint has theirs locked so no US gsm sim card would work, for the time being. Verizon allows us to use any sim card , no way verizon's pro 2 is better than sprints from the start? haha just playing.. kinda
Well I suppose with those crappy data speeds that Verizon calls broadband, you guys need to be able to switch to US GSM service occasionally, although I wouldn't call either T-Mo or AT&T's 3G much of an improvement so far..

[Dodges rotten tomatoes]

I keed, I keed....

In all fairness, VZW has OK data speeds. But why would Sprint customers want to use US GSM networks? We have great coverage, and even when we don't, we can roam on VZW, and our plans are cheaper than everyone else's on the average, with the possible exception of T-Mo in limited cases.

The only limited use I see for US GSM is for when there is no Sprint or VZW coverage. But since both networks are already extremely extensive, the chances of there being no CDMA coverage but there being usable GSM coverage is.. remote.