PPCGeeks Regular

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Re: CDMA Touch Pro Questions (many)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xParaholic View Post
Okay, here goes. I'm totally 100% new to ALL of this, so bear with me.

I have a HTC Touch Pro on Bell Mobility, living in Newfoundland, Canada. I'm wondering a few things about my phone. I love it, but there's a couple issues I have.

1. Battery life. I know, you can flash new ROMs and radios but I'm not sure if I want to do either, being that they void the warrenty (I'm sure ROMs do, but do radios? & if so, I can't flash back to my Bell radio so I would not be doing that .. ) I'm a little hesitant of doing so. Right now my dbm levels are between -94 & -100 and I'm getting about 10-16 hours out of my battery before it hits the notification point. I'm not comfortable yet with registry edits, but maybe I would be if I got them thoroughly explained to me .. (also, do registry edits void your warrenty as well?)

& 2. Laggy-ness. I know, same solution, but same problem. Well .. I guess that I should've just had #1 .. oh well.

Help would be GREATLYGREATLYGREATLY appreciated!
You can definitely flash back to your Bell radio and ROM. It's very easy once you learn how. Flashing a ROM will definitely improve battery life. If you still don't want to flash, you can always install nueClockcontrol. It will underclock your device a little bit and extend your battery life.
As for reg edits, a lot of reg edits can be done automatically by using pre-configured CABs. A quick forum search will help you with whatever edit you need
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!