View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:03 AM
WarAxe
Regular 'Geeker

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mightyrom6 has *ruined* my diamond -- Won't reboot w/out hard reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
I've flashed many phones with my own kitchens before without any real issues. Tonight I decided to upgrade my pile of trash touch diamond from the ROM it shipped with to MightyROM6. Complete and total mistake. It has raped my already ****ty diamond into a state of unusable garbage.

Soft reset will either bring up the "TouchDiamond" w/versions screen and will go NO FURTHER without hard reset, or _EVERY_ time you reboot the device its basically in a state right after hard reset. Any installed programs, settings, everything has to be set back up.

During a few times when it has actually booted up and things have functioned, it locks up scrolling through the file manager. It'll sit locked up for 10 - 15 minutes then go on like nothing at all has happened.
First of all if you've flashed "many phones" and never had "real issues" you're either incredibly, not-believably fortunate, or a liar.

Second, if you hate your Diamond that much then send Mighty a donation for doing you a favor.

Third, nothing you posted is of any use to anyone trying to help you. There's a sticky with carefully worded steps for novices to un-brick their phones... and someone with any inkling would have known to rattle off what you've tried so far to resurrect your phone. All you said was you soft reset it. *eyes of wonder*

Fourth, most of us have seen issues like yours enough to know what you probably need to do to get un-brick it and get a clean build of MightyRom6... but with an attitude like yours I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited by WarAxe; 09-19-2009 at 10:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.