View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Exil3d
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So, seriously.....Whats up with the video recording?

You rang? Here your problem with video recording. Pro1 run on the MS7200a all in one solution CPU. Build in the ALL in One CPU is your very powerful ATI Imigeon FX Chip. Now.. you are wondering.. "Ok, since it s powerful fx chip.. why the heck does it record like it has turrets syndrome?" Its simple my dear brother, Qualcomn, the Ms7200A manufacture was the rights to LOCK and Unlock features inside the ALL IN ONE SOLUTION MS7200A Chipset. Unfurtunately, the ATI Imageon FX chip resides inside the MS7200A All in One solution Chip. SO that mean... if you want to see the full potential on the Imageon FX chip, you need the Drivers for it. And Currently there is something behind the scenes that has made HTC,ATI, Qualcomn and your carrier in not to come to a agreement to pay for those drivers. SO....... here we have a perfect example of a powerful phone being crippled by greed. From what I have gathered, HTC doe snot want to pay Qualcomn any money for the Drivers, therefor we have standard Universal Drivers that make the phone run without the 3d/2d acceleration. Now..... with these Standard Universal drivers, you have poor CAMERA performance, poor rendering performance, poor battery performance, poor over all speed of the device.

To put it in a nutshell. Any device running the MS7200 Chipset has no acceleration due to the missing drivers. HTC has confirmed this. Thats why I have refused to pay one more dime for any future HTC ppc's with this chipset. (Touch Pro 2)
This post has been thanked 6 times.