View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
I've been hesistant at cooking a rom cause I don't konw this kind of thing. How does one learn another way
Its not that hard but I understand being hesitant to jump into this. Here is a quick guide for ya'll that want some guidance:
  1. first things first, dl the kitchen, extract to your desktop. kitchen folders should look like pic 1.
  2. Select Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen.exe. see pic 2, once prompted, select one and hit enter.
  3. once kitchen is open, go to drop down menu on top Device(Diamond). see pic3
  4. Select drop down menu and pick Diamond or Tpro if you have a tpro. see pic 4.
  5. now all of the fields on top with populate. see pic 5.
  6. select EXT of your choice. 6.1 for a 21055 rom, 6.5 for 218xx, 6.5.1 for the latest sys releases 23036 and 234xx. see pic 6.
  7. Pick XIP of your choice, same as before, see pic 7
  8. Pick SYS of your choice, same as before, see pic 8
  9. Now your kitchen is set up and you can start making selections in the kitchen below. I would not alter the first 3 fields (XIP,OEM,SYS) since they are preset.
  10. once you get to Diamond-Device Packages, you can start making selections by selecting things you want in your rom(TRUE), or things you want to remove(False). Double click on selections you want to make.
  11. you need to have some knowledge but many things are already selected for you. it's best in the beginning to keep it unaltered and once you get the hang of it, you will learn what works and doesn't. For example in the keyboard selections, you should only pick one of the primary keyboards (if there is a sip extras oem than you can select it though but not multiple sips) and manilla selections need to be consistent. HD manilla cant be paired up with rhodium panoramic for example. like I said it takes a little time to get up to speed.
  12. hit Create(upper left of kitchen) when you have completed making selections. kitchen will fire up and begin building the rom. at the end it will prompt you to begin flashing. you can do so or cancel out and flash it later. the rom will be housed in the Release Diamond folder in the kitchen folders. see pic 1 again.
**this is really basic overview. There are many other things you can do like add oems to the kitchen but I'm not getting into that right now. Let's walk before we run! Key is to not get overwhelmed and try it out. If you have troubles, people will help. Bootloader is always there to bail you out if you make a mistake. I will attach pics the remaining in the next post. good luck.

Last edited by Riley; 10-11-2009 at 06:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.