View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:41 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Access LAN computers by IP on Touch Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
I would like to access computers on my LAN over VPN; my setup does not support NetBIOS over VPN so I have to access them by IP address. However, I have not found a way to do this. Even when connected to my LAN by WiFi, I can only connect to other computers by their NetBIOS name (e.g., "\\computername\share"), not by IP (e.g., "\\192.168.1.12\share"). I have tried using Resco Explorer and the HTC Network Plugin.

Any ideas on how to browse LAN computers by IP on the HTC Touch Diamond?
MS has RemoteDesktopMobile for ppc's and you can access your desktop that way. Not all ROMs include the RemoteDesktopMobile, so you may need to find a cab.