View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM
sekigah
Lurker

sekigah is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OEMs

First off I would like to say thank you to all of you who have brought us WM6. God I love you guys.

Next: I was looking at the BuildOS program and reading the instruction file. From what I am gathering BuildOS does is it takes any OEM package you put into the USER_OEM folder and lists it into the BuildOS GUI program so u can create your own roms im assuming. So if that is correct then I am seeing all of these OEMs floating around and I have read that you shouldnt pack your ROM because it probably wont build. I went into the FTP and saw some with zips and others with files. Do I copy all the files from the FTP and leave them as they are inside a directory in the USER_OEM folder? For example lets say ABC_OEM has files 1.xxx 2.xxx 3.xxx do i put 1.xxx 2.xxx 3.xxx into a folder called ABC_OEM in the USER_OEM folder or do I just copy the files in? What about .zip files? Do I leave them zipped in the USER_OEM folder or do I unzip and place that into the USER_OEM folder?

Also I wanted to know what is the username and password for the FTP. Unless that is restricted because I cant show it in File Explorer on WinXP. I have tried my forum username and pass and that didnt work for me.

Thank you in advance for any help xD.