View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM
RobertFranz
Lurker

RobertFranz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I used to do C/S for Verizon.
It was sort of sad to watch them slowly decline from the Big Man On Campus to the Old Lady With Cats.
They always claimed that their slow development was due to their high priority on stability for business users - rubbish!

I ended up on Cingular because my credit is a bit blemished, and was suprised that they have better voice coverage in my area.

My employer is porting all their phones from vzw to AT&T, and my laptop is limping along with a bad charging port that I just haven't had time to have repaired.

So, I asked them to get me a Tilt.

I'm very impressed so far.

My company provided sim isn't active until tomorrow, so I put my personal sim in and made sure all data goes through wifi.

Can't speak to the 3g speeds yet - but the wifi is seemless.

I definitely need to pick up a memory card for it.

Installed the rdp client and connected right up to both my home system and the main corporate server. Now, when someone loses a laptop, I can disable their account immediately and check for intrusions no matter where I am without lugging the laptop around.

It's definitely heavier than my Razr - but I could care less.

It looks good, it's solid, voice quality is excellent.

Opera Mini on it is awesome - best add-in I've found so far, other than the rdp client which was an absolute must.

Battery life is better than I had hoped for - though I must admit BT is turned off until I can remember where I left my headset the last time it's battery died.

Brought it home and played with it from 6pm until after midnight starting with whatever charge it had as shipped, and it still had about 30% left.

All I ask in a battery is that it get me through a full day, and it looks like this one will do so.