View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
SporkLover
Almost a VIP

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
I love the Diamond, and winmo mostly because I don't feel "locked down". unlike the iphone/Android or others where you are limited on what you can do. As for the 4gb of storage, I could care less mostly cause my phone isn't a music/video player I have an Ipod touch for that stuff.
The Iphone is fair to say it's a closed and locked down environment.

Android on the other hand is not so much. It's the most open Mobile OS out there. There is a SDK developer package out there for those third party developers, and you can even install apps outside of the Android market if you so choose. In fact, the Android market has a free app available that makes it easy for the user to do so. That's without having to unlock the bootloader, root the phone, or jailbreak it.

Look into it more, I would say that it is a fairly open platform.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G