View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
dodgeboy
PPCGeeks Regular

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with U-Connect (handsfree)

I've been noticing relatively consistent problems with answering and hanging up calls with my U-Connect system in my Dodge Ram. I never had a single problem with it on my Touch Pro (1). Occasionally, when getting an incoming call, I won't be able to answer it from the radio (but the ringing will start to come through the car speakers after I press the answer button). And almost every time I try to end a call, U-connect will report that the call has ended, but the call will still be in progress (and still connected to bluetooth). Sometimes it will hang up 10 seconds later, and sometimes it will never hang up.

This is very disappointing and frustrating... Certainly a big step backwards in the bluetooth department, going from a TP1 to a TP2. It looks like the TP2 has some crazy proprietary BT stack on it, which I am sure is to blame.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? As much as I don't want to, this might be a reason for me to return the phone. I really enjoyed how well the TP1 worked with my U-Connect system.

Dave