View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Kolano
Regular 'Geeker

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071107_2 Bugs/Patches

This is the bug collection thread for the Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071107_2. I'll gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them. Please note that this thread is for bugs occurring in the ROMs produced via the kitchen, the file contents of it's OEM packages, or problems with their configuration or interaction. Bugs related to BuildOS,the tool used to compile/flash the ROM images, should be posted to it's bug thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
BuildOS problems are generally these: Kitchen Installation fails, kitchen shortcuts don't work, application fails to start, Application exits with error msg XXX, unexplainable errors during build or startup, added OEMs don't show in BuildOS, visual display problems in BuildOS, Boot issues (white screen on PPC), and corrupt boot splash.
=== Updates ===
Thanks everyone from the prior bug threads for helping address many of these issues from the Kitchen Change Log:
071107_2 Changes071107_1 Changes
  • Rom folder reference fixed. (Only broken in 071106_1)
071106_1 Changes=== Bugs ===
If you have a bug let us know. Please...
Be specific.
Provide steps to reproduce, including details of any customizations you have made.
Post your "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt" file, so relevent BuildOS selections can be replicated.

Unconfirmed BugsConfirmed Bugs
  • TouchKeyboard SIP disables messaging auto-completion
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgioia2
    Contacts don't show up when you start typing a name in the "new" messaging line.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CHUFLY29
    I noticed when I had the TouchKeyboard installed as a separate SIP it hosed the name recognition.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
    This is the offending part of the package:
    Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Layouts\e0010409]
      "Layout Text"="eT9 IME"
      "Ime File"="\\windows\\eT9Ime.dll"
    In order for auto completion/correction to work, you have to use the comp ime, not the et9 ime.

For completion to work, it should read:
    Code:
    "Ime File"="compime.dll"
    "Layout Text"="COMP IME"
    I'm assuming this would break the touch keyboard's features, but feel free to test it.
  • Vogue Dialer OEM Causes Dialer to Popup on Application Close
    Quote:
    I have the HTC Vogue dialer and a fairly basic ROM installed from the kitchen. As I was setting up everything it seems the screen kept returning to the dialer view (sometimes the keypad and other times the in call screen).
  • Simple PIN Locks Up Phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    Soft reset your device while it is enabled.. then let the password screen fully load. I tested it by just setting the password. It happens nearly every time after a soft reset, and randomly when the device is put to sleep.

Edit:

More detailed Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to settings and lock
    2. Select Simple PIN as your password type and set a password of at least 5 digits
    3. Soft reset your phone
    4. Wait for the device to fully load (IE the tool bar theme has loaded and the phone has found a signal)
    5. Now try to unlock the phone with your pin.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
    ...yes I was able to confirm your report by doing a soft reset with password enabled (had similar lockup problems whether it was simple pin or regular password). I could never reproduce that behavior just with a simple inactivity timeout, but I know you said that was random. But it definitely occurred after every soft reset.

I flashed back to every iteration of helmi's wm6 ROM I had and they all suffered that issue. Seems to be some sort of timeout issue... like the device is waiting for "something" once you click unlock, and when it doesn't happen in x amount of time the device gives up and proceeds anyway. That's what it "seems" like anyway--I could be way off base.

I had helmi confirm that it does not occur on the Universal (which is the closest device hardware-wise to the Apache). So it's either a driver issue or something in the registry that's causing it. Hopeully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.
  • Missing Button Mappings
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KidGixxer View Post
    I figured this was a known issue. Guess not.
    Oh and make that +1 for the camera button.
    Also Anyone having problems with the comm manager through the long press on the ie button? it doesn't seem to be mapped for me.
Resolved Bugs
  • O2 Plus cannot be deselected
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulFix
    Also noticed that o2 option.xml lists itself as an excluded item

<Guid type="p">43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66</Guid>
    <OEMVersion>1.0</OEMVersion>
    <OEMDate>10/25/2007</OEMDate>
    <OEMAuthor>colonel</OEMAuthor>
    <AppVersion>1.0</AppVersion>
    <AppAuthorURL>http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaIIi/template/O2Plus.vm</AppAuthorURL>
    <ButtonType>Check</ButtonType>
    <Exclude>43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude> <<<<<<<<<<<<here
    <Exclude>6cfca20e-12f0-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>4cbe6fc6-12ee-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>57bee5da-12ef-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>021c9ba4-12ef-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    <Exclude>42ac0a82-12f0-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66</Exclude>
    </Item>
    </Items>
    To deselect O2 Plus manually remove the line...
    Code:
    43fef5a4-b736-11db-8314-0800200c9a66, True, O2 Plus
    ...from your Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt file.
  • Problems sending MMS on Sprint?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by scotbotmosh
    upon sending the MMS message I recieve an error that my message could not be sent. I use Sprint
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zachspda
    Under server configuration in mms you need to change mms.sprintpcs.com to 63.215.195.152 leave the rest the same
  • Residual Subversion Folder
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
    There seems to be a leftover ".svn" folder in the Patches directory.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
    We'll get that cleaned up. It shouldn't cause any harm, but please delete it.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-08-2007 at 11:34 PM.