View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:52 PM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replace File in .nbh

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could tell me how to dump the stock Sprint ROM and replace one of the files and recompile it into an .nbh

All I know so far is to use something like NBHExtract to get the separate .nb files. After that, how do I edit he files in the OS.nb file?

All I want to do is add some of my ringtones into the stock ROM \windows folder.

NOTE: I KNOW there are MUCH easier ways to do this, but I want to learn how to decompile/compile to do basic functions like replacing a file.

I checked here and XDA but I couldn't find the thread on how to make your own ROM.

Thanks!

EDIT: Would this work if I flashed the stock ROM, edited the file I wanted, then dumped it and rebuilt it? Would the only difference be the file I made?

Last edited by [sammich]; 09-14-2009 at 07:59 PM.