View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 PM
MightyMike
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro2 program memory leak???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
MightyMike had me go to HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/ResProxy and change ShareMemSize to 0 and things settled down for me I never get up past 60% also if you are using S2U2 or G-Alarm it is going to take up a lot of memory as well.

ResProxy is HTC's method of pre-caching your applications therefore multitasking is much quicker and responsive. The only problem with this, is that the default setting is a little too large, therefore casuing you to peak at 90% memory usage most of the time. Especially when your device is on for atleast a day or two with no soft resets.

Setting this to 0 will stop it from "sharing" memory, thus leaving you more available memory to operate.

Even though the setting is at 0, I personally haven't noticed any slowdowns regarding speed.

It works well, this reg will be included in my rom, i also suggest everyone take advantage of it as well.

Cheerio!