View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
wosiek
PPCGeeks Regular

wosiek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Software/Firmware/Hardware updates for TP?

Also, don't forget that with the Sprint Touch PRO, Sprint has a lot of say in what comes down the pipe as far as updates for their handsets. If anything, blame Sprint for hand-cuffing HTC, so to speak.

That being said, the custom ROMs available here, on XDA, ED/TP (pretty much a mirror of the Touch PRO/Diamond section of PPCGeeks) are gonna far and away surpass the OS you see on any *new* phone (with maybe the exception being HTC Hero) to hit the market. To give you an idea, the majority of custom ROMS with 6.5 builds are in the 23xxx versions, whereas the *first* WM 6.5 phones to be released in October will only be running 21xxx versions. Couple that with the coders/programmers that take the time to tear apart Manila, Titanium GUI to squeak out that extra bit of performance to make things that much smoother and you've got one of the slickest, most stable OS on your phone. It never fails that when I'm out in public someone will see me messing with my phone, and usually they have a Touch PRO or Diamond themselves and they're blown away with what they see.. First question: "Where did you get that phone?" I just smile, say it's the exact same hardware as what they've got, but the only difference is that I'm a PPC geek.