View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:48 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernpenguin View Post
Those updated D3D Drivers ... I installed them and I noticed (severe) flickering in SPB Mobile Shell 3 when using certain features (like the carosel) in landscape mode.

Not sure if that's D3D driver problem, or SPB Problem.
Confirmed. I experience the same slow lag performance when in landscape mode. I experience this lag with or without 3D Acceleration enabled in MS3. I do have the driver installed, but I'm about to do a hard reset for some testing, I'll have a look to see if it's still an issue without the driver.

Interestingly enough, I have the same lag throughout the phone, so I suspect it's an issue with the driver.
---------

UPDATE: I had implemented a GlyphCache of 32768 which was about half of the TP2's default value of 73728. Resetting the values for limit and limit0 in HKLM\System\GDI\Glyphcache should improve the issue, however, it is not 100% resolved either. At this point, I discourage the use of the D3DM_ATI.DLL accelerator driver... but your mileage may vary.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 09-12-2009 at 07:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.