View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Voice Command Caller Anouncement over BT

I saw a news post regarding inconsistent Voice Command behavior, which was attributed to a non-Microsoft bluetooth stack.

I don't have a Touch Pro 2, but I will be watching this closely.

If it turns out that this has had a dramatic impact on the usability of MSVC on the TP2, I would be in awe of the short-sightedness of this decision on the part of HTC.

As strange as it might seem to some, this would be a deal-breaker for me and the TP2 !

I absolutely depend on Voice Command as I have a long commute and often use that time to catch up with business contacts (networking), family and friends. I used to use push e-mail, but I now use IMAP4 for my mail connection. The point being, that I am dark throughout the day and use Voice Command to review e-mail (by subject, being announced as received in bulk on the drive home) and this helps me to decide if I have an important message to which I must respond, as soon as I arrive at home. Again, if the TP2 breaks this usability feature, I can't see it being a realistic option for me.

Again, if true, I wonder if this is something that a custom ROM could resolve?

Can folks elaborate on their experience regarding usability of MSVC on the TP2?

Best regards,
-boggsie