View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
jimmyz
Regular 'Geeker

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Partial solution found

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Ok, I found a partial answer to this problem.

You can stop the "HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings\ForceCellConne ction\" key from re-appearing (or reverting back to the default value) if you run DotFRED's Task Manager, move to the Services tab, and press and hold "HTC CM Guardian" for a pop-up menu of options. In the menu, choose "Set Manual". Soft-reset the phone and the key will stop reverting.

Note that if you don't want to have to keep choosing "Sprint" in the "Network Connection" drop-down in Internet Sharing, you are free to change the value of "ForceCellConnection" to "Sprint", instead of deleting it.

However, this does not stop the "Error 67" (Incorrect username/password) error from appearing. So far the only way I have found to prevent it is to open Pocket Internet Explorer (or initiate a data connection some other way) before clicking 'Connect' in Internet Sharing. I thought clearing the HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Extension\" key would do the trick, but apparently not.

Any ideas on solving this last part of the problem are welcome.

If this post helped you, please don't forget to click the 'Thanks' button.
Sweetbear- did you try all three registry changes:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0