View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
NunyaBiz
Lurker

NunyaBiz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen keeps on turning on

Anyone have a solution to this problem that addresses the causes (disabling the screen waking on certain events) and doesn't just put a bandaid on it (lock the screen to prevent accidental dialing or inputs)? This has been driving me absolutely CRAZY for several months. My screen wakes CONSTANTLY throughout the day and my battery life is woeful because of it. If I talk on the the phone for 30 min., do some net surfing and texting/emailing, I can expect to get a few hrs. of battery life at most. Even if I don't do anything at all with the phone, the battery won't even come close to making it through the day. Despite my power settings, when the screen wakes then dims, sometimes it stays dimmed instead of blacking out entirely.

I too suspected it was from tower switching (between EVDO and 1xRTT), but even after I applied a hack to force 1xRTT, I still kept having the problem and it actually seemed worse! It seems like an extremely serious flaw that the screen should wake for certain events for no good reason (provides no advantage), especially a touch screen phone.

Anyone know if any custom ROMs fix this issue or if it's fixed in wm6.5? Someone please help if you know of any possible solutions! This problem is making me hate my phone.

I should've mentioned I'm using the original Sprint stock ROM (not 2.0) and radio. When I lost my original phone I temporarily had gotten a refurb. phone that had the 2.0 ROM on it and updated 1.11 radio, but that had the same screen waking issues and host of NEW problems (constant crashing/freezing even after 2 hard resets) that I complained and sent it back and they sent me a brand new original phone (with orig. ROM and radio).

Last edited by NunyaBiz; 09-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.