View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
TalynOne
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaresace View Post
WOW! Great job. very persice. this is how a tutorial should be writen. easy to follow and everything is explained. thank you for your hard work.

a question or two. i use ICS with luv2chill reg hack and never really had a problem (except with activesync always wanting to turn on). how dramatic of a diference will i see if i switch over to DUN?

also, call me optumistic, but i still beleave that rev a is coming soon. what effects if any will the rev a upgrade have with a DUN connection? thanks.
Thanks.

The difference will be very small, but we're dealing with slower connections in general, so every little bit helps, especially on the upstream. The main advantage is that it's not NATed which allows you to host server services, if needed, like FTP, Remote Desktop, or run certain games, VPNs, and apps that don't work well under NATed conditions. Anything that requires you to forward a port is problematic when using "Internet Sharing".

I have no idea how DUN will work when Rev A comes out (probably in 3 years), we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by TalynOne; 11-06-2007 at 04:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.