View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 PM
pyro254750
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Rant about sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike
heres what i base my comments on.

1. I know several people with these phones, and have seen countless stories about them online. Everyone i know who takes care of their phone, is on original tp, or (in my case) is on number two because they damaged it (i dropped mine in a bucket of water).

2. These phones are basically computers with solid state storage. Anyone who carries one without a shock absorbing case deserves a broken phone, because it is simply asking for trouble.

3. the way 90% of people treat their cell phones, its probably safe to say that majority of failed touch pros are from abuse, even if sprint doesnt consider it abuse when its replaced (with the exception of the keyboard ribbon issue, which, for the record, is a very easy fix that does not require insurance replacement).

Take care of it, and it will last. There will always be lemons, but not as many as people make it out to be. The only area i can see so far where people have a right to be upset (in most cases) is refurb QC, however, as i said above, there will always be lemons, so its understandable to an extent.