View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using sprint Touch pro 2 in different country

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont think there is a partnership... if u look into sprint international stuff... sprint has a gsm network overseas apparently... the service says " where sprint gsm is available".. maybe it is select partners and its just worded that way, but it leaves it up for speculation youd think...

i dont know why it wouldnt work... if a feature their marketing the phone with even... but if sprint gets their way, it wont be usuable without notifying them first... which i think they have to right to dictate how or who you use it with
It's just roaming partners. Same case when my family members visits the States with their China Telecom SIM card in, it simply says "AT&T".

FCC had a document out regulating that the CDMA/GSM hybrid Touch Pro 2s being sold in the States MUST have the competitor GSM networks locked out, even though the phone does NOT have a subsidy lock present.

I just called and chatted with Sprint, and I asked them regarding this subject matter. All they are telling me is that, the Sprint's TP2 does NOT have a subsidy lock EXCEPT to the US-GSM carriers due to FCC regulations, and you CAN choose which-ever GSM provider you want to use as long as they are not US-based.

You have a choice, either you can use Sprint's SIM card for roaming in the countries that has agreement between the local GSM carriers and Sprint for a much higher rate but keep your same phone number; OR, you can use a local SIM card from wherever you are going as long as it's NOT an US-based GSM provider's SIM.

It won't ask you for an unlock code, let's just put this way.
This post has been thanked 2 times.