View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Lord Delmar
PPCGeeks Regular

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question TV out problem

Ok, so I have searched for this problem, but not entirely sure how to describe it so that a search would find it.

Using Silence's ROM (date is the last week of august). Went out on a camping trip over the labor day weekend and noticed something odd happening whenever I wanted to sync or charge the phone from a USB port.

I would plug in the cable and it would immediately go to the TV out popup, and at the same time, the activesync/disk drive/ICS popup. I could close the TV out popup, but it would stay in landscape mode, no matter if it was open or closed. When I unplugged the cable, sometimes it would revert back to normal and other times it would lock the phone up and I would have to soft reset.

I have tried to get it to sync so I can reflash the rom, but activesync just will not establish a connection anymore. It flat refuses to when the tv out cable is plugged in. Sad part, its just the normal USB cable that came with the phone to charge it.

Anyway, I am NOT SAYING IT IS SILENCE'S ROM THAT CAUSED THIS. I am asking for some ideas is all. Besides, I know I can simply flash via storage card if I have to, and that is fine. Just would like to know if anyone else has seen this problem, and if so, how to eliminate it.