View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 AM
k_semler
Regular 'Geeker

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Anyone notice this?

There are 3 "tracks" that the KB uses when opening and closing. The center one aligns with the bottom barrier of "Call History" when the phone is closed. All that is needed to demonstrate this is to open your keyboard as normal, and remember the physical location of the "track" in relationship to the screen in portrait mode.

No, I do not open my keyboard when there is no reasonable need to do so. To do otherwise places unnecessary load on the keyboard retraction/extension assembly. (you're wearing out your phone for no purpose if you extend and retract the keyboard when you otherwise do not need the functionality of the keyboard).

This would not be the cause, (in an otherwise not defective unit), anyhow. It's just a bi-directional cam that requires 2oz of pressure to move in either direction, and assistance is rendered when it reaches 45% of either direction of movement). If you are witnessing the cam pressing against the rear of the LCD assembly, you have a defective phone from either abuse, or the manufacturer.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

Last edited by k_semler; 09-09-2009 at 01:07 AM.