View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:44 PM
egypt
Lurker
Threadstarter

egypt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP SUPER BIG PROBLEM- No SVC, NO SPB, No Dialer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I would first recommend you try to backup anything that you want to save to your storage card or pc if you can. You could try uninstalling some apps and then reinstalling those apps again to see if that helps things wkrk again.If it was my phone I would backup stuff and do a hard reset. It sounds like there are several problems going on there and I don't know if you can spend the time to try to fix them one by one. A hard reset may be the only option that you have anyway. Good Luck to you!
UPDATE!!!
OK so I had to use my sprite backup create a backup so i could keep all of my files and then hard reset the phone. Now...question...I drug the SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Weather, Thumbapp Calendar, Kaiser Tweak, keyboard skin and Windows Mobile skin files from off the phone and just placed them on my laptop desktop. Now that I am starting with a clean slate, the service works (still unlocked ), I can use the green call button to make a call and the windows mobile device manager is recognizing and bringing up my phone on my laptop. Will i be able to drag those folders with the cabs etc from my laptop into my programs folder in my device from the WM Device manager or do i have to actually add the zip files and open in the phone?? In other words (in case im unclear) do i have to redownload all the cabs zip files for all the mods i made and open and load those into the phone, or can i just drag the folders from the previous load from my laptop onto my computer? Thanks for all your help.

P.S. after i hard reset, i restored that backup file and SPB menu still a no show, no other keyboard comes up aside from original and dialer is the default. So I hard reset again to start from scratch. Thanks