View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GFXBoost works on Touch Pro 2 (Sprint at least)

Hey guys, I would assume some of you have already knew or even tried to put GFXBoost on the TP2 to fix the 2D rendering speed problem.

Credit goes to Chainfire on XDA, the post is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509704

So what is it? Well in a shell this little service tricks the MSM7xxx series processor, which Touch Pro 2 uses, to enable the qTV technology, which is what Qualcomm uses to accelerate the 2D rendering process but, HTC was too cheap to license it to the whole OS. Thus, the qTV is enabled through out the whole OS so the slow rendering such as pop up menu and media players such as SlingPlayer is the least of your concern.

Before I installed the GFXBoost, my SlingPlayer was doing the slideshow at no more than 2 frames-per-second. After it, average out at 25 fps. Also the menus seems much more smoother too.

So for those whom are wondering, the GFXBoost does work on the TP2, at least on my Sprint Touch Pro 2.
This post has been thanked 6 times.