View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 PM
freeza
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Sprint TP2 - Static IP for LAN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
Hi,
I got the Sprint Touch Pro 2 and must say that I love it so far. Just a couple of small issues that I hope somebody here can help me with.

The EVDO works fine, but for my wifi access, I need to get a static IP assigned. I had a mogul earlier and it worked find - I just went into the network adapter and configured the static IP and the DNS. When I tried to do this on the TP2, my wifi would work, but my EVDO would stop working. I suspect I'm not updating the static IP on the correct network adapter.
Has anyone else tried this and gotten this to work?

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks!

HEH, exact same problem here, only solution is to use a program called WIFI PROFILES, i'll attach a cab.

What this program does is allow you to set "profiles" that you have to enable and disable respectively. My network is set up with static ips, so I enable a profile to enter my IP information as well as turn on wifi, then when I am done, enable the EVDO profile, which disables wifi and clears the IP entries. Sad to say, it's the WM 6.1 build they're using, and not your phone.
Attached Files
File Type: cab WifiProfilesInstall.CAB (1.72 MB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by freeza; 09-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.