jbbosu
PPCGeeks Regular

jbbosu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalynOne View Post
There's no trials available for those products. But let me repeat what others have said. IGuidance is considered the better, by many, of the two for US travel. And TomTom is good for European travel (IGuidance has no European maps). It's not that TomTom is bad, it's just IGuidance has nice bells and whistles, that TomTom doesn't, on Windows Mobile platform. IGuidnace text to speech for road names, and tells you what side of the road your destination is at, TomTom doesn't. IGuidnace tends to also have better routing, but that really depends where you live. If you want to see what the TomTom interface is like, go to your local electronics super store and they will usually have a TomTom ToGo display unit you can play with, the PocketPC interface is pretty much the same. Of course you could also do a YouTube search for both IGuidance and TomTom to see videos of their interfaces.

Thanks a bunch for the help...I wonder if iGuidance will include euro maps later on..I'd be sold. I'm assuming free upgrades are available as well for most programs?