View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
TalynOne
PPCGeeks Regular

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
Does anyone know if there are trial/demo versions of TomTom/iGuidance..???

I'd love to try it out.

Google Maps and Live Search aren't cutting it for turnbyturn.

Edit: I'm using the M-1200 and love it.
There's no trials available for those products. But let me repeat what others have said. IGuidance is considered the better, by many, of the two for US travel. And TomTom is good for European travel (IGuidance has no European maps). It's not that TomTom is bad, it's just IGuidance has nice bells and whistles, that TomTom doesn't, on Windows Mobile platform. IGuidnace text to speech for road names, and tells you what side of the road your destination is at, TomTom doesn't. IGuidnace tends to also have better routing, but that really depends where you live. If you want to see what the TomTom interface is like, go to your local electronics super store and they will usually have a TomTom ToGo display unit you can play with, the PocketPC interface is pretty much the same. Of course you could also do a YouTube search for both IGuidance and TomTom to see videos of their interfaces.