View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 12:17 AM
robsta
PPCGeeks Regular

robsta is keeping up the good workrobsta is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Sharing

They can't trace you from the network if you are physically disconnected from their LAN. However, this being said, you can still be traced by 'local' programs installed by your IT department to watch for said stuff.

It really depends on the IT guys, maybe you know one of them? Best way is to ask them, but only if you guys are more than just co-workers though, you don't want to set off any flags.

I know here at my place of work they use something called 'NetSupport', which is a tracker/Help Desk program. I don't know if it still logs when it is off the company LAN, but I don't see why it wouldn't. It probably just logs it into a local folder until the network becomes available again.

Working in IT for a while I found that the techs usually don't care about you surfing YouTube or anything at all, unless a superior is asking about it or its using up too many company resources/compromising security. They have better things to do than babysit your internet usage.