View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 AM
HeXeD
Lurker

HeXeD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Work's Exchange 2007 Security Policies.. my touch pro 2.. no fun

Ok.. I have searched high and low and cannot find the answer.

I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2 I just received today for work. It is replacing my HTC Mogul. My work now has an Exchange 2007 server that they are able to lock down pretty much anything. I was able to get around these security measures with just a reg hack on my Mogul which had WM 6.0.

Now that I have my Touch Pro 2 I am unable to find out how to work around the issues. Here they are in no particular order:

1. I cannot install any CAB files or programs through active sync if the program does not have a trusted certificate.

2. I cannot launch Remote Desktop Client. It says I have been blocked from doing this.

3. I cannot make registry edits

I have hard reset the phone and then I am able to install anything and do anything. The second after I sync my phone to my work's exchange 2007, I cannot do anything listed above.

Here is what I have done:

http://www.etenblog.com/2008/01/21/d...obile-devices/

Everyone else with earlier versions of phones have reported some success with this, and the ones that did not received no advice. When I go to my registry, that specific key located at "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001023" Already has a value of 1, which would lead me to believe it is disabled. It is the same way when I freshly hard reset it. I would assume after the Exchange 2007 sync, that reg key would change to a value of 0 but it doesn't.

So this leads me hear, asking if any of you have encountered the same problem. Does my company have me beat? I just wouldn't see why when my Mogul was reg hacked to not load their policy for the password.. which leads me to one last point that is very odd..

When resynced my Mogul to my company's Exchange, it specifically had me set up some sort of PIN to unlock the phone every time I wanted to use it. When I sync my Touch Pro 2, it does not ask me to set up a PIN and it doesn't even ask me for a previous PIN that I would have used on my Mogul. Any thoughts to all of this?