View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Tiberius85
Regular 'Geeker

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Split on this...

I seem to have a post like this every year. Im running a Sprint Diamond now and it seems to suit my needs, although battery life is getting really bad and I cant stand the overheating.

I need a windows mobile phone for my job, although I dont know for how much longer. I am fully eligible and out of contract with Sprint. The Touch Pro2 has caught my eye but besides the 3.6 WVGA screen, it really has nothing new to offer. So it will have a larger battery and a very nice keyboard, but its still packing the dreaded 7501A chipset.

From what I've seen with the Zune HD, microsoft has some major changes coming down the pipe (for real this time) but judging by the cycles carriers have in releasing devices Europe will be the first in spring followed by us poor saps in early fall, which falls in line with an annual refresh.

Bottom line is this.. should I get a nearly identical (guts) device with some surface changes running the same 6.x experience when something better is coming soon? Maybe if it was $200 it would be a no-brainer but $350 after rebates? So I might be able to get $100-$150max on ebay for the diamond.. still not sure though. What do you think?