View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 PM
isdnmatt
Regular 'Geeker

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck on defective TP1, Sprint BSing me on upgrade!

First off, you're lucky that they replaced the phone 5 times already as mentioned. Some carriers would certainly tell you to take it up with HTC after the 1st month. I'm starting to lean toward you and your g/f being the problem, not the phone. I went through 3 6700 and 6800, but I'm on my first TP.

Also, they are not obligated to GIVE you any kind of credit. And if they do offer to move you into another device, it'll have to be in the same TIER (ie Treo, Blackberry, as rep. mentioned). And if they have devices in the same tier available, they definitely won't give you cash on your account.

I've had my phone upgraded/replaced twice now. First from the 6700 to the 6800, then about 8 months ago from the 6800 to the TP. All times for free, but I did learn something.

Never tell the rep what phone you want to be swapped for, work around it so that they offer it to you. Keep saying features that you know what they're offering doesn't have. So they would offer me a Diamond and I would say I really need a slide out keyboard like my current phone, etc.

Never try to get this upgrade within 1-2 months of a phone's release. The reps know you want the latest greatest and will avoid giving it to you. It's also not the best business practice since they don't even have any refurbs to send, just new retail boxes.

Lastly, if you truly feel that you are STUCK, get the refurbished replacement and sell it on ebay or craigslist as suggested. I don't know what number you had in mind for a credit, but I think you would get more this way anyway.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 09-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.