View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:46 AM
appzattak
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Re: What is the best ringtone format and quality to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Actually, the last comment addressed it perfectly... it's not a matter of format quality, it's a matter of file size and compressed/uncompressed. The smaller, shorter the clip the better (it's actually 18-20 seconds before a call goes to voice mail).

I use MP3's for song clips because I get 20 seconds of the tune in a small file but I use WAV files for sound effect clips because I get faster uncompressed file without a huge file.

As for the issue raised about 128kbps, etc etc... well, I'd say that largely depends on the song. There's just NO bass at all on the TP speakers, so if you're trying to go gangsta with a ring tone, you're gonna be disappointed. Since you're using Audacity, avoid amplifying the tune too loud, and you'll probably be fine. Right now I'm using the theme song from Psych, and it works out pretty fantastic.
I guess I dont understand the logic of smaller = bettersound quality? But ok. Not looking for any bass as I cannot stand rap crap/hip hop...etc. I do not do any amplifying either.

I guess I'll just play with it more.