View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:23 AM
alan7467
PPCGeeks Regular

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Potential Pre twisting fix...

I love my Pre. WebOS is fantastic and I really like the design of the phone. However, as most of us have heard already the damn slider can make this phone feel cheap. Gap between the bottom and top of the phone and screen twisting really take away from the experience IMHO.

Anyway, I came upon this thread a long time ago talking about fixing this problem by tightening screws and using hot glue. Personally, I'm not too jazzed about using hot glue the way the OP intended. Then I noticed a post in the thread recommending a slightly different solution. Using stamps or tape under the top part of the phone:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...88#post1863588

...I went ahead and used a half inch long piece of electrical tape under the bottom center part of the top of the phone. I put it on the keyboard sticky side up, closed the slider enough to cover it up then used a small flat head screwdriver to stick on the top part of the phone. I haven't touched the screws yet, but this fix in combination with my innocase has almost completely eliminated my screen twisting for the time being.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...