View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Keyboard Configuration App!!!! Now ready for download

Can anyone else confirm that the "Control" key can only be assigned when defining the key as "Direct key mapping" and not "Single/double click, long press".

I can assign the Tab key using the single/double/long press mode, and that way I can ssign tab to the click event and then a program, like SMS, to the long press event. However, with the Control key I can only get it to work with the "Direct key mapping" key mode. Unfortunately that seems to mean you can only assign one thing to the key i.e. you can't assign something to long key press when using the "Direct key mapping" mode.

EDIT: I posted this over at XDA on the original thread...

Scenario # 1:
Key mode: Single/double click, long press
Event: Click
Action: Emulate key press
Key: 17 Control
Result: This does not seem to work
Note: Even if I check the "Ctl" checkbox below the key choice it does not work

Scenario # 2:
Key mode: Direct key mapping
Key code: 17 Control
Result: This does work

If I use scenario # 1 above with the "9 Tab" key it works fine (as a tab key). Just curious why I cannot assign the Control key in the same manner? If I'm not mistaken, with direct key mapping, there is no way then to use the long key press option...right? Hence why I'd like to use the "Single/double click, long press" mode instead i.e. assign Control to the Messaging key on a Telus TP2, and then the actual Messaging app to the long press Messaging key. For now I'm using fn+key instead for launching the app.

Last edited by CovKid66; 09-01-2009 at 05:08 PM.