View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
mike99
PPCGeeks Regular

mike99 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

I agree with you, but here is the problem. Like you said, this is all about supply and demand. Unfortunately, there is no competition for HTC today. This is why they can get away with crap, like not getting appropriate drivers for their hansets and charging the rediculous prices.

To be fair, there is no alternatives for the high-end Wim Mo phones. That is why many people on this forum are getting TP2. Had they had a choice of similar phones with better software and lower price, they would not be saying that. But they do not have a choice! Even Android phones are made by HTC. I sure do hope that other manufacturers, like Toshiba, Microsoft, Motorolla, Palm will start getting into the game. If Iphone were available on Sprint, even though it is not a direct competition to TP, it would make the law of supply and demand work for us. For now, unfortunately, there is not much we can do. We can complain, but there is no reason for HTC to get their software in order and for Sprint to start charging less.

I do know, though, I will not be getting TP2 for this price. This is what we can do - vote with our wallets.