View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
pyro254750
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Rom that just works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird11 View Post
I mean if you guys are saying it works for you, then you simply must have lower standard on quality than I do. Ive tried the canon of roms and they all pretty much suck with the stock being the worst.

I just expect a phone to work, when I press a button on the screen, I expect it to do what it is intended to do. Not do something else or be incredibly laggy in its operation.
In my best effort not to get irritable over the incredibly arrogant and uninformed statement you just made.....

1. Windows mobile is about functionality, not pretty flashy sliding around fluff. If you WANT pretty flashy sliding around fluff, go buy an iphone, because thats ALL it is.

2. The stock rom is quite functional, and works as it should, however, its slow and bulky IMO, and has alot of room for improvement, which is where we come to custom roms.

3. There are multiple custom roms available, all of which have good and bad points. For what you are wanting, my suggestion is the latest silence 6.5 rom. Its fast, stable, better than average battery life, lightweight, and it works.

4. You made the comment that you "just expect a phone to work". If you wanted JUST a phone, you should have bought a razor. These phones are capable of so much more than most people who have them can even comprehend, and ANYBODY who even scratches the surface of what these devices are capable of, probably only uses their device as a phone 10% of the time, if that.

I think you need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and evaluate what exactly you think the device in your pocket is, and what you actually want it for, because if the reason for purchasing it was to have the latest cool factor phone, then you might as well move on to the next shiny object. The TP is the best mobile device of its time IMO, however, it is not by any means optimized out of the box, and to expect it to be, if you have any knowledge of microsoft and the software they produce, would be absurd. You cant taylor an operating system thats capable of anything, to every single user individually.

/rant