View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Hard reset happening on soft reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrixkid17 View Post
Hi, I've been a lurker here, but this is the first time I've had a real problem. When I perform a soft reset with my phone using the bottom reset button, it is now appearing to actually perform a hard reset - i.e. all my information is erased and the phone is "set up for the first time".

I am using the latest build of Energy ROM.

I don't believe that I had this problem on this ROM previously, and this just started a few days ago,. I'm getting scared and backing up as often as I can now....

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Justin
Not sure about Energy ROM, but I know that most of us over on the Mighty ROM forum have found that the following fixes the problem you're describing:

1) Flash back to stock ROM
2) Download new copy of "X" (custom) ROM
3) Flash to "X" ROM
4) Hard reset vie the "Clear Storage" in Settings > System

This has worked wonders in getting rid of all kinds of bugs. And the one you're running into has been a plague, this seems to fix it every time, with no relapses.

Hope that helps!!!